Sunday, January 23, 2011

Tools...

This project does require the use of some basic tools that most people will already have...

  • Circular saw
  • Electric powered drill
  • Tape measure
  • T square
  • Saw horses












I also used a Bosch 18v drill for conveniences sake so I wouldn't have to switch out bits as often. The use of an electric drill is a must for the lag screws. Another tool I ended up using was a hand planer and sander - at the end I had to shave a few edges to make everything fit right. This was probably due to me making un-precise cuts or lumber that wasn't quite the exact size as what was claimed when purchased. Not having true cut lumber is a problem - a 2x12 isn't really a 2x12, and each 2x12 is not the same as the next. I did my best to examine each piece of lumber before I bought it but evidently I wasn't as careful as I should have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment