Sunday, January 23, 2011

Buying Materials...


Looking online at different pictures I saw a lot of different ways to go about building my jerk boxes. Most designs included stacked boxes made of 2x8's, 2x10's, or 2x12's. One design included 4x4's placed vertically as piers with a platform on top (http://carpeferrum.blogspot.com/). I decided to go with what the pictures at California Strength showed and use three stacks of 2x12's and a what looks like a about a 4" platform built up with plywood and 2xsomethings. If that's what Donny Shankle, Caleb Ward and Jon North use then it would be good enough for me. So here's my materials list:
  • Six 2x12x16 untreated lumber
  • One Sheet 3/4" plywood
  • Three 2x4 untreated lumber
  • One box 2.5" deck screws
  • 100 3" lag screws
  • One box 3" deck screws
  • Two tubes Liquid Nails
Price tag: $164.00 (approximately)


No comments:

Post a Comment